Interview with a Nurse Information Expert
· communicate your understanding of the importance of quality information in everyday nursing practice;
· discuss the roles and responsibilities of a nursing information expert; and
· articulate how the professional nurse uses information and data in everyday practice to improve outcomes.
1. Download the required Interview form. See attached, fill out answers directly on attachment.
2. Select your interviewee and schedule an interview. This individual must be a Registered Nurse. Job titles of RNs who may be considered include, but are not limited to, nursing clinical information manager, super user, director/manager clinical education, chief information officer, quality assurance or performance improvement nurse, nurse informaticist, telenursing specialist, nurse abstractor, case manager, or compliance nurse.