In an effort to promote awareness of healthcare fraud and abuse, your facility’s compliance officer has asked you to write a report that illustrates the major laws that address and support prosecution. In your report, provide the following:
Major Laws Affecting Fraud And Abuse
- A description and comparison of each law.
- Summary of the importance and benefits of legal and ethical behavior in healthcare.
Be sure to include all seven major laws and provide a summary that will emphasize the importance of professional, legal, and ethical behavior in the healthcare workplace.
Major Laws Addressing Fraud and Abuse
1. False Claims Act
2. Qui tam actions
3. Anti-kickback statutes
4. Physician self-referral prohibitions (Stark I and II)
5. Mail and wire fraud statutes
6. Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
7. Deficit Reduction Act of 2005
The length of your report should be 2 pages. Apa format.