Are the Amish Deviant?
Are the Amish deviant?
America is a place with many different kinds of cultures and religions. One religion and culture that remains a mystery to most Americans is that of the Amish. The Amish follow their own brand of Christianity and some of us are familiar with their plain dress and horse-drawn buggies. Most Amish do not use electricity and shun many modern conveniences.
Create a 4- to 6-page paper in a Microsoft Word document describing the Amish culture and religion. In addition, the paper should include the following information:
- What are the fundamental beliefs of the Amish and is the nonconforming behavior of the Amish deviant?
- What forms of social control do the Amish use to control the behavior of their children, their wives, and those who choose to leave the family?
- What is shunning and how is it used?
- What is the role of women in the Amish community? Are they treated as equals? Are they allowed to go to college or work? Why?
- Is there crime or violence in Amish communities? If yes, how is it handled? If no, why not?
Support your responses with examples and resources
Cite any sources in APA format.
|Described the Amish culture and religion.|
|Explained the fundamental beliefs of the Amish and described if the nonconforming behavior of the Amish deviant.|
|Described the forms of social control that the Amish use to control the behavior of their children, their wives, and those who choose to leave the family.|
|Explained shunning and how is it used.|
|Described the role of women in the Amish community. Explained whether the women are treated as equals or not. Described if women are allowed to go to college or work.|
|Analyzed and explained whether there is crime or violence in Amish communities or not. If yes, explained how is it handled, and if no, explained why not.|
|MUST BE PLAGERISM FREE|