Caring for clients with a chronic illness will mean multiple visits and careful managing of their plan of care to include medications, screening exams, and referral. More than 75% of all health care costs in the United States due to chronic illness. The impact that this has on the healthcare system is staggering. With the population aging and more chronic illness occurring, it has never been more important to properly manage this epidemic through the use of cost-effective, evidence based care where it begins: In the primary care setting.
Managing Chronic Disease in the Primary Care Setting
In a 4–5 page APA paper with a minimum of three APA references,
- Discuss the impact of chronic disease on health care as a whole.
- Examine how evidence based plans of care can reduce the health care cost burden placed on Americans and discuss cost effectiveness achieved by the use of evidence based plans of care.
- Discuss the role that advanced practice nurses play in caring for patients with chronic illness from the standpoint of health promotion, medication management, and symptom management, and the importance of this role.
The finished Assignment should be a 4-5 page descriptive and exploratory essay, excluding the title page and references. The viewpoint and purpose of this Assignment should be clearly established and sustained.
Before finalizing your work, you should:
- be sure to read the Assignment description carefully (as displayed above)
- consult the Grading Rubric (under the Course Home) to make sure you have included everything necessary;
- utilize spelling and grammar check to minimize errors; and
Your Assignment should:
- follow the conventions of Standard American English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.);
- be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful;
- display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics; and
- use APA 6th edition format for organization, style, and crediting sources including:
- properly formatted header
- 12-point, double-spaced, Times New Roman font
- use of in-text citations
- title page and reference page
- use of headings (if applicable)