In this assignment, you will turn in your final project documents, analysis, and evaluation of your community agency observation.
Analysis and Evaluation of the Community Agency Observation
Create a report by compiling and reviewing all your documents and research related to the project. Your final submission should include the following:
Analysis and Assessment:
In an 8- to 10-page report, complete the following:
- Describe the organization in which the service learning took place, including its policies, procedures, and services. In the description, include the following:
- The organization’s community:
- What services do they provide?
- Who uses the services?
The organization’s location:
- How accessible is your agency?
- Must they walk or take public transportation?
- Must they cross ethnic, racial, class, or gang boundaries? For example, low-income women of color may be hesitant to visit an agency located at a university in an affluent, predominantly white setting.
The organization’s décor:
- Is the décor, including the waiting area or reading materials, culturally responsive to diverse populations?
The organization’s staff composition:
- What is the ethnic, racial, or class background of the staff?
- Does the staff seem culturally aware and responsive?
Assess the multicultural organizational development of the institution where the service learning took place. Make sure that you describe:
- The mission statement and programs: Does the agency reflect a commitment to diversity? Is this commitment exemplified by its programs?
Summarize a few critical incidents when multicultural aspects were addressed (directly or indirectly). Explain how the activities and staff demonstrated multicultural sensitivity when identifying problems and responding to symptoms and help-seeking behaviors. Analyze how those critical incidents affected your cultural self-awareness and professional relationship, specific to the provision of culturally competent services. Apply a multicultural and interdisciplinary approach to generate a proposal for what the organization can do to improve its sensitivity to multicultural issues.
Contribution and Reflection:
In a 1- to 2-page report, complete the following:
- Summarize the leader’s review of your contribution to the organization.
- Explain how you felt that you contributed to the organization. This means expanding on the leader’s review by providing supporting evidence.
Include the following documents as individual appendices.
- Service learning weekly self-reflection process worksheets (one for each module after the proposal)
- Leader’s 1-page review