Read the Personality Theory Paper and follow the instructions to complete the assignment.
Do NOT use about.com, psychology.about.com, ask.com, simplypsychology.org, AllPsych.com, SparkNotes.com, wikipedia, or other sources that are not scholarly in nature.
You MUST have a minimum of 2 scholarly sources as references.
Personality Theory Paper
Select a fictional character from history, television, or film. Film selections may include:
- The Blind Side
- A Beautiful Mind-This is the movie I chose but if you would like to choose one feel free.
- Pursuit of Happy-ness
- The Fisher King
- Fatal Attraction
- What about Bob?
- Girl Interrupted
Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper in which you analyze your chosen character’s personality using one theorist or theory from each of the following columns:
|Column A||Column B||Column C|
Search the University Library, the Theory Tables Learning Team Assignment, and other resources for information on each of the theorists or theories you selected.
Describe the connection between the character’s personality and the theory used to explain it using relevant information such as direct quotes, descriptions of life events, examples of interpersonal behavior, and so on.
Include the following in your paper:
- A short introduction outlining the demographic and background information of the chosen character
- An evaluation of how each of the chosen personality theorists or theories explains the personality of the chosen character
- A discussion of how the selected character’s behavior might be interpreted differently, depending on which theoretical approach is used
- A discussion of the extent to which each chosen theorist or theory would address relevant social, cultural, environmental, biological, or unconscious factors that may be influencing the character’s behavior
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Please use in text citations and a heading for each bullet.