Need help with Sociology paper
– Applying Sociological Perspectives
We will write a custom paper specifically for you.
For this assignment write a paper explaining how you would apply the sociological perspectives to explain a social phenomenon.
Use one of the three sociological perspectives (functional, conflict, or symbolic interaction) to explain one of the following social phenomena.
- Bureaucracies: Why do we have bureaucracies in the public or private sectors?
- Education: Why do we have schools?
- Illegal Drug Use: Who are more likely to use illegal drugs? What happens to various categories of users?
- Poverty: Why does poverty exist?
- Prejudice: Why are some people prejudiced against others?
- Prisons: Who are more likely to end up in prison and why?
- Wage Gap: Why does the wage gap still exist?
- War: Why has the United States been involved in so many wars around the world?
- Your paper should be at least two, double-spaced pages in length, in Arial or Times New Roman, 12 point type.
- Organize your paper in three to five separate paragraphs.
- The first includes a summary of the perspective, using the exact sociological terminology.
- The second, third, and/or fourth includes the application of the perspective to the selected topic, providing specific examples.
- The fifth includes your own viewpoint, analysis, comments, or argument about how that perspective explains the discussed issue.
- You will need to cite your references using APA.