Team Collaborative Outline Exercise
The following is a list of ideas that were brainstormed in a meeting with your company employees. The company needs to include all these ideas in an all-company presentation, but the list is very disorganized right now. What would be the best way to sort these ideas into some sequence of main points with subpoints?
With your assigned team, unscramble the following statements to create a logical outline for an upcoming business presentation. Use standard outline format as described in your textbook.
- Ensure that the language is used correctly.
- Speaker credibility influences how listeners feel about the speaker.
- Character is the quality of being honest, trustworthy, and showing goodwill.
- Deliver the speech with confidence.
- Credibility is an extremely important factor in determining speaker effectiveness.
- Connect the audience to the topic.
- Practice your delivery.
- Verbally cite personal subject knowledge.
- Present error-free written materials.
- Credibility has three primary characteristics: the three Cs.
- Ensure that typographical errors are eliminated.
- Charisma is the quality of being assertive, confident, and enthusiastic.
- Speaker credibility influences the listener’s ability to learn or to believe.
- Demonstrate expertise.
- Verbally cite expert sources.
- Connect yourself to the topic.
- Plan your delivery.
- Ensure that facts are correct.
- Competence is the quality of being an expert and being intelligent.
- Connect with the audience on a personal level.
- Establish common ground.
- Credibility is established in four ways.
Note: All team members must collaborate and submit the same version of the outline to the Dropbox.