Assignment Critical Thinking Questions
Critical Thinking Questions
After reading Chapters 1-4 of Blogs, Wikis, Podcasts and Other Powerful Web Tools for Classroom, you will answer the following reflective questions that will require you to think and respond critically. In a 2-5 page paper, address the following questions using specific examples from your professional experience and cite the book when possible.
According to Richardson, what movement have we seen over the last few years on the web that has led to Berners-Lee’s original concept of a Read/Write web to be realized?
- What are some of the changes we must make in our education system to expand the classroom walls?
- The web 2.0 is pushing us to remember that learning is a social construct. The saying “I think, therefore I am”, is being replaced with “We think, therefore we are”. However, many educators still operate in a more linear progression of learning. How can we engage our students in a more non-linear, collaborative, participatory learning environment?
- What is the difference between a blog and a wiki?
- What are some of the ethical and safety considerations educators must consider when developing web-based learning opportunities?
Chapters 2 and 3
- What are some of the educational advantages of weblog vs a website?
- List some of the pros/cons of the potential uses for weblogs Richardson mentions, i.e., E-Portfolio, Online Filing Cabinet, Collaborative Space, Journals, etc.
- What are some of the ways weblogs can enhance writing activities? What are some of the ways weblogs can be used across curriculum?
- In what sense has the quote by Jimmy Wales, Wikipedia founder, come true?
- “Imagine a world in which every single person on the planet is given free access to the sum of all human knowledge. That’s what we are doing.”
- What does the word “wiki” mean?
- In today’s digital world, students can access information, and create it, with a click. However, not all information found and created is accurate. How can we help our students become critical consumers of information?
- List some types of collaborative learning activities that can be driven and enhanced through a wiki.
- How did Vicki Davis at Westwood High use a wiki to connect her students in Georgia to the world?