Assignment : Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Games (MMORPGs)
Assignment : Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Games
In a virtual world (VW) of massively multiplayer online role-playing games (MMORPGs), collaboration and communication are provided through the Internet between MMORPG-ready devices such as the Microsoft Xbox, and Sony PlayStation, and by using the Web browser. Gamers can play against other gamers without seeing the opponent face-to-face. Playing games this way has become a social phenomenon. , chess players can play against other chess players anywhere in the world at http://gameknot.com/ using a Web browser.
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
- Describe cognitive social phenomena that occur specifically to the context of the MMORPG that wouldn’t happen in a face-to-face chess game.
- Compare and contrast the MMORPG interaction environment and a face-to-face environment where chess is being played on a real chessboard. Identify if the environment has an impact on the player’ s ability to play chess.
- List and describe the user interface guidelines that should apply to designing MMORPGs.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.