Instructions: Answer the flowing questions and submit the word document on Canvas. You need to save your file as “Assignment3-lastname-firstname”
1) What are the benefits associated with formatting cells as Table in excel?
2) What does “convert to rage “do in the Table Design?
3) Explain the commonalities and differences between functions and formulas.
4) Explain how should we calculate (5/5)*4/ (3-3*(3*6)) using Excel’s order of operations.
5) Suppose that cell A1=1, B1=2 and C1=3, and in Cell A4 we type SUM (A1:C1) and in Cell A5 we type =A1+B1+C1, are the values in Cell A4 and A5 equal? If not explain why.
6) Suppose that Cell A1=1, B1=2 and C1=3 and D1 is blank, In Cell A2 we type =COUNT (A1:D1), what is the output of the function? Explain briefly.
7) Suppose that Cell A1=1, B1=2 and C1=3 and D1=4, in cell A2 we type =SUM (SUM(A1:B1),AVERAGE(C1:D1)). Write an equivalent formula for the function and calculate the result.
8) Can we use a function in a formula? Justify your answer with an example.
9) Can we use a formula as an argument of a function? Justify your answer with an example.
10) Suppose that Cell A1=1, B1=2 and C1=3 and D1 is blank, in cell A2 we type =AVERAGE(SUM(COUNT(B1:D1),AVERAGE(A1:D1)),COUNT(A1:D1)). Explain your approach (steps) to find the return value of the function.