Art of the 1950s and 1960s Presentation
Resources: Review your Week 4 readings and videos.
Choose one of the following themes for a presentation on your Week 4 content: You will choose your theme and artists in week 3, so we avoid duplications.
- Changing Times: Proto-Pop and The Beats ( JASPER JOHNS)
- Andy Warhol and Pop Art (focus on Warhol OR Warhol and other Pop artists)
- Protest Art (You may choose to focus on Civil Rights, the Vietnam War, or another subject approved in advance by the professor.)
Create a 10- to 12-sllde presentation (including a title and reference slide) on your selected theme that includes the following:
- 100- to 250-word speaker notes for each of your content slides that summarize the main points listed on the slide (you will have a minimum of 8 to 10 content slides which excludes the title and reference slides).
- A description and analysis of four to six artworks related to your selected theme (include an image of each artwork).
- A description of the subject of each artwork; what was the subject depicted by the artist?
- An examination of how this type of art developed; why did artists choose these subjects? To what social or cultural events were artists responding?
- A description of the materials, media, or techniques used by the artists; why did the artist use these materials or techniques? What is the overall effect of the artwork?
Format your assignment according to appropriate course level APA guidelines. This means a title slide, a completely formatted reference slide, and all appropriate in-text citations or credits. Slides must contain detailed speaker’s notes.