Create a 9- to 12-slide PowerPoint® presentation. In the 2000 census, people of mixed-race were allowed to select more than one race for their racial category. This change reflected a national increase in:
- The acceptance of interracial couples
- The number of interracial relationships (formal and informal)
- The number of individuals who identify with two or more races
Consider how does this change reflect racial and ethnic diversity in the US, racial tolerance and the future of race relationships in the U.S.
Include in the presentation:
- An introductory and conclusion slide
- References, including at least four references beyond the textbook (they can be others from the class).
- Extensive speaker notes