After reading Culture and Parenting: A Guide For Delivering Parenting Curriculums to Diverse Families, you will begin to build the final PowerPoint assignment. The foundation of the Final Project is the title slide, purpose statement slide, the first three informational slides, and the references slide. These slides will set the direction of the project. You must include the following:
Culture and Parenting: A Guide For Delivering Parenting Curriculums to Diverse Families
- Title slide
- Purpose statement slide(s) detailing the importance of positive parenting
- (Chapter One) List and explain three positive characteristics of mothering and three positive characteristics of fathering.
- (Chapter Two) Choose two common toddler actions (suggestions: temper tantrums, “me do it,” potty training) and explain effective strategies to minimize the behavior.
- (Chapter Three) Explain how parents can help their adolescents deal with the common issue of bullying. At this point, you must include at least two scholarly sources. A total of three scholarly sources in addition to your text are required for the Final Project.
- Reference slide with at least two (of the three required for the final presentation) scholarly sources and the course text. Format your presentation according to APA as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Your assignment must be four to five slides in length, not including title and reference slides and formatted in APA.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.