Explore the websites listed in the assigned readings for the week. In addition, using the GCU Library databases, find credible, peer-reviewed articles that focus on laws and educating children with disabilities.
A definition of the meaning of adequate progress.
Locate a minimum of five articles and develop a PowerPoint presentation of at least 10-15 slides that includes:
- A definition of the meaning of adequate progress.
- Court cases that have addressed this subject.
- How school districts measure adequate progress.
- How school districts are held accountable.
- Concerns and challenges that may arise regarding adequate progress in the schools.
- Also, outline how you as a teacher will keep documentation to determine adequate progress for your students.
Slide notes, background materials, etc. are required to be submitted to the instructor as well as the final project.
While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and a reference slide should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.