PS124-2: Summarize major perspectives and theories in psychology.
Demonstrate college-level communication through the composition of original materials in Standard American English.
GEL-1.1: Demonstrate college-level communication through the composition of original materials in Standard American English.
For this Assignment, you will watch all of the videos listed below, and then select one video to identify basic perspectives and theories used in psychology. After reviewing the video, you will complete the Unit 5 template located in DocSharing which will provide you with a connection between the major psychology studies and perspectives.
Watch the following:
Then, complete the template in DocSharing answering the following questions:
- Identify the study (video) you selected.
- The Bystander Effect
- The Milgram Experiment
- Learned Helplessness
- The Stanford Prison Experiment
- Summarize the results of this study and what implications it has with regards to human behavior and mental processes that you’ve learned about in Units 4-5.
- Discuss what is meant by the term states of consciousness and apply it to your research study, considering whether it impacted the behavior or mental processes of the subjects involved.
- Consider whether or not you think this research could explain the development of psychological disorders? Explain your reasoning using reference to the study and the disorder(s).
- Theories lead to hypotheses, which lead to research. Explain which theory you think may have been the influence for the research study that you chose. (For example: psychodynamic, humanistic, social cognitive, behaviorism, or trait theory) Explain your reasoning using reference to the study and the theory.
Writing Requirements and Guidelines
Your Assignment should be 2-4 pages, not including the Cover and Reference pages.
Your Assignment should include:
- Cover page
- Provide your name, title of Assignment, course and unit number, and date
- Answer the questions in complete sentences and paragraphs.
- Reference Page
- Sources in APA format
- Complete Unit 5 Template (located in DocSharing)
- Arial or Times New Roman 12 point font, Double-spaced
- Written adhering to the guidelines of Standard American English. This means that your thoughts should be well-organized, logical, and unified as well as original with the viewpoint and purpose clearly established and sustained. Standard American English guidelines also include the use of correct grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure.
- Written in APA Formatting and Citation style
If you need assistance with APA style, visit the Kaplan University Writing Center athttp://kucampus.kaplan.edu/MyStudies/AcademicSupportCenter/Writ