1) Choose one eminent individual from the early history of human thought (a philosopher) who you believe significantly impacted the direction in which his/her zeitgeist would transform (CHANGE) the way in which humans thought about behavior (thoughts, feelings, or actions) . List the eminent person’s name and the zeitgeist in which this person lived..
Describe the major issue faced by philosophers or scientists during zeitgeist.
2) Describe the zeitgeist in which this person lived.
3) Describe the major issue faced by philosophers or scientists during this zeitgeist.
4) Describe this eminent individual’s primary contribution to the HISTORY of psychology.
5) Explain how this eminent individual’s primary contribution to the field of psychology led to a transformation (CHANGE) in the way in which psychology was perceived.
6) Describe the NEW zeitgeist that evolved as a RESULT of the CHANGE in the previous zeitgeist.
7) List the name of an eminent individual in the NEW zeitgeist and describe his/her primary contribution to the field of psychology.
8) Explain WHY the primary contribution of this second eminent individual would NOT be possible if this eminent individual did not live in the NEW and TRANSFORMED zeitgeist in which he/she lived.
9) List one eminent individual from the most recent evolution of the field of psychology whose major contribution DEPENDED UPON the NEW and TRANSFORMED zeitgeist in #8. Please choose from the most recent history of psychology (an eminent individual in chapters 13-16).
10) Explain HOW this individual’s primary contribution helped define the development of CONTEMPORARY psychology (choose one area from: Behaviorism, Neobehaviorism, Cognitive Psychology, Gestalt Psychology, or Personality and Psychopathology ) . Make sure to clearly describe the area you chose and to explain HOW this individual’s primary contribution was critical and pivitol to the development of the area of CONTEMPORARY psychology you described.
11) Please compile (copy and paste) the information in numbers 1 to 10 into an essay with the following paragraphs:
Paragraph 1: Content from numbers 1 to 3 above
Paragraph 2: Content from numbers 4 and 5 above
Paragraph 3: Content from numbers 6, 7, and 8 above
Paragraph 4: Content from numbers 9 and 10 above.
Please give your essay a title exactly as follows:
Tracing the Historical Transformation of Zeitgeists in the Development of (insert the name of the CONTEMPORARY area you chose in number 10) Psychology with roots from the era of (insert the zeitgeist you chose in number 1) with the primary contribution of (insert the name of the eminent individual you chose in number 1).
The title should be centered at the top of the essay.
The essay should single spaced with one inch margins on all sides (left, right, top, bottom).
Please include transitions between paragraphs to ensure coherence and flow.
The essay will be graded on content (30 points), organization (10 points) , flow (5 points) and format (5 points) . If you have followed the steps above, these four criteria will be successfully met.
This is an essay, not an APA Research Report. Therefore, a reference page is not needed. Length is unimportant, but 3 single spaced pages is a guideline.