I need help with ashford persuasion and argumentation week. I have big assignment.
To participate in the following discussions, go to this week’s Discussion link in the left navigation:
- ConformityDescribe a time you were asked to conform in the work place and the decision you ultimately made when asked. What physical or psychological factors should be considered when deciding whether or not to conform to a group? What signs should you look for if you believe the people you work with are suffering from groupthink?
Your initial response should be 150-200 words in length. Please support your claims with examples from the text, required and recommended material, and/or scholarly articles. Respond to at least two of your classmates’ postings by Day 7.
- Course ReviewProvide a three to five page summary of the thesis and your main ideas for support for your Final Project. Detail the major points of your final presentation and allow your classmates to understand the major points of your paper. Review at least three of your classmates’ primary postings and provide feedback concerning your opinions on their findings.
To complete this assignment, go to this week’s Final Project link in the left navigation:
The Final Project has two parts:
- A six- to eight-page paper.
- A PowerPoint presentation.
The Final Project
Throughout this course we are examining methods of persuasion. The great issues of our day are far from being resolved, but effective persuasion can begin to build consensus. Your Final Project requires you to tackle a current controversial issue with multiple valid positions and use persuasion to convince your audience that your position on the issue is correct. The written portion of your Final Project must be six to eight pages of content (not including title and reference pages) and can include multimedia, interactive video, pictures, commercials, movie scenes, web links, etc. to bolster your opinions. Your paper should incorporate the latest methods of persuasion to prove your points to your instructor. You are encouraged to find a topic that you feel passionate about. The list provided is just to help you with the sorts of ideas that may be appropriate for your project. You are not limited to these topics, but please consult your instructor if you have any questions about a proper topic for this assignment. Topics to consider include:
- Capital punishment
- Gun control
- Smoking/secondhand smoke
- Stem cell research
- Lowering the alcohol drinking age
- Reinstituting the military draft
- Home schooling
- Corporal punishment in schools
Submit a six-to eight-slide PowerPoint presentation that provides an overview of the key points from the written portion of your Final Project.
Writing the Final Project
The Final Project:
- Must be six to eight double-spaced pages in length and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a cover page that includes:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must include an introductory paragraph with a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must conclude with a restatement of the thesis and a conclusion paragraph.
- Must include a six- to eight-slide PowerPoint presentation.
- Must use at least five professional sources, including a minimum of two from the Ashford University Library.
- Must use APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center to document all sources.
- Must include, on the final page, a reference page that is completed according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.