Odd or eccentric behaviors may be serious disturbances of behavior and thought, or they may be basic variations of ego and personality. Public safety professionals should not feel it incumbent upon themselves to diagnose what a person may be suffering from, but should understand the behaviors so that they can properly and effectively communicate with the person in question.
Description of Mental illness :Anxiety Obsessive ,Compulsive Disorder,Asperger’s Syndrome
- For this assignment, you will write an essay defining and describing the following mental health conditions:
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Asperger’s Syndrome
- Give at least one strategy for public safety professionals to appropriately address a person with each of the above disorders.
- Describe at least one way a public safety professional should not approach a person with one of the above disorders; select the disorder of your choice from the three above.
- Length: At least 2 to 3 pages double-spaced, excluding the cover page and reference pages, formatted in APA style.
- Cover Page Containing: Title of Paper, Your Name, Course Number and Name, Professor’s Name, and Date.
- Introductory Paragraph: Setting forth a clear statement of your thesis.
- Conclusion: A concise statement that reaffirms your thesis.
- References: At least 2 quoted references to scholarly articles.
- Documentation: All sources must be documented on a separate reference page, using APA format