Please be sure to thoroughly discuss each bullet point in order to receive full credit.
The Diverse Nature of Psychology Paper
Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper and Create a 8- to 12-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation AND orally present in class up to a 10 minute presentation in which you analyze the diverse nature of psychology as a discipline.
Address the following items as a part of your analysis:
- Oral/In Class Presentation (3 Points)
- Evaluate the influence of diversity on psychology’s major concepts. (1 Point)
- Identify two examples of sub-disciplines and two examples of subtopics within psychology. Examples of major concepts and their subtopics include the following (2 Points):
- Motivation: theory of emotion, and approach and avoidance
- Behaviorism: aggression, cheating, and binge drinking
- Cognition: cognitive dissonance and false memories
- How can the sub-disciplines and subtopics you identified be applied to other disciplines and venues in contemporary society? (1 Point)
- Identify and describe your own personal psychological theoretical perspective (1 Point)
- Relate the sub-disciplines and subtopics to your theoretical perspective. (1 Point)
- Conclude by discussing how your psychological theoretical perspective can contribute to society in the areas of work, education, health, and leisure. (1 Point)
- References – 5 minimum references AND must be from the U of P Library or from the Required Readings for this week. Points are not earned when references are from sources that are scholarly reviewed sources (2 Points)
Include at least five sources (SOURCES MUST BE OBTAINED FROM THE Required Readings for this week and/or from the UNIVERSITY OF PHOENIX’S LIBRARY – if you have trouble using the library’s database or with locating sources, please contact the librarian). Also, there are peer reviewed/scholarly articles available for course assignment support in this classroom, they can be used as sources for this assignment as long as they are properly cited and referenced to in your coursework.
Format your assignment consistent with APA guidelines (please check your sentence structure, grammar, and spelling since there is a two point loss for errors beyond the count of three)