Choose an article on a current event or a current trend that is related to the experience of people from one of the following demographic groups: an underrepresented race, national origin, or religion. Because this is a current event assignment, you may choose either a journal article, magazine article, or newspaper article to review, provided the article was published within the last five years. You will want to choose an article that is somewhat lengthy in order to provide you with enough detailed content to include in your review. Preferably, the article should focus on the context of a workplace, organization, or industry. However, if your interest is leadership within the public sector, you may alternatively focus on the context of a community, city, county, or state. You may select the article from any database in the online library, including but not limited to the following databases: Academic Search Complete, Business Source Complete, Criminal Justice/ProQuest, General OneFile, LexisNexus Academic Universe, McClatchy-Tribune Collection, Newspaper Source Plus, Opposing Viewpoints, or Psych Articles. Write a minimum 500-word review of the article. Include the following elements in your article review:
Diversity Of Race, National Origin, Or Religion
1. introduction to the overarching topic of the article,
2. author’s main points,
3. author’s supporting evidence for each main point, ORG 6700, Diversity and Inclusion in the Organization Culture
4. your analysis of how the article relates to this course’s content and how it applies to real-world situations (If applicable, apply the Socio-Cognitive Systems Learning Model to your analysis. Do you recognize any Model I or Model II patterns in the current event or trend described in the article?)
5. your critical evaluation of the main points and supporting evidence presented in this article (Your evaluation should demonstrate critical thinking to inform and substantiate your opinion.) and,
6. conclusion. List the title of the article in bold at the top of the paper. Beneath that title, list the entire citation for the article, using APA format. Also indicate where (i.e., which database) you retrieved the article. Your paper should be in APA style, be sure to cite all your sources.