1. As individuals approach later adulthood and elderhood, they begin to accept the terminations of old roles and embrace the emergence of new roles, including coming to terms with the concept of death and facing issues related to death. This involves the psychosocial crisis of integrity versus despair for (older adults) and immortality and extinction (elderhood). Draw on your Development Through Life textbook readings, Chapters 13 and 14, to complete the following:
- Assess the challenges and rewards for counselors working with individuals in this stage of life.
- Discuss some of the characteristic challenges present in the psychosocial crisis in these stages of development.
- Describe how your family of origin views the process of caring for the elderly within your family and views the process of death. For this portion of your post, begin a separate paragraph, and feel free to respond to this aspect in the first person.
- Please remember to cite and reference your sources in APA style.