We will write a custom paper specifically for you.
Multidrug-resistant tuberculosis (MDR-TB) has emerged as a global public health concern. Tuberculosis (TB) is contracted by breathing in air droplets from a sneeze or cough of an infected person. TB primarily attacks the lungs; however, it can spread to other parts of the body, especially if left untreated. The drug treatment regimen takes approximately 6 months or longer, so many patients become resistant to the medications after a certain period.
From the assigned readings this week, review the following article:
- Sharma, S. K., Kumar, S., Saha, P. K., George, N., Arora, S. K., Gupta, D., . . . Vashisht, R. P. (2011). Prevalence of multidrug-resistant tuberculosis among Category II pulmonary tuberculosis patients. Indian Journal of Medical Research, 133(3), 312–315. (Web of Science Accession Number: WOS: 000289322400013)
Write a 3–5-page paper in Microsoft Word format that addresses the following:
- Explain the significance of monitoring the prevalence of MDR-TB among Category II pulmonary tuberculosis patients.
- Describe the methodology of the study in the above journal article and how the study sample was selected.
- Analyze the study’s findings as they relate to the effective management of tuberculosis.
- Summarize the results of the study.
- Justify how the results of the study can improve rapid detection of MDR-TB.
Support your statements with appropriate examples and scholarly references. SITE SOURCES IN THE WORK PLEASE