Provide a 1-page description of a stressful event currently occurring in your life. Then, address the following:
Effects of Stress
- What physiological changes occur in the brain due to the stress response?
- What emotional and cognitive effects might occur due to this stressful situation?
- Would the above changes (physiological, cognitive, or emotional) be any different if the same stress were being experienced by a person of the opposite sex or someone much older or younger than you?
- If the situation continues, how might your physical health be affected?
- What three behavioral strategies would you implement to reduce the effects of this stressor? Describe each strategy. Explain how each behavior could cause changes in brain physiology (e.g., exercise can raise serotonin levels).
- If you were encouraging an adult client to make the above changes, what ethical considerations would you have to keep in mind? How would you address those ethical considerations?
required to cite a minimum of two scholarly sources.. Do not use Wikipedia.
Paper should be double-spaced, in 12-point Times New Roman font, and with normal 1-inch margins; written in APA style; grammatical errors. It should include a title page with a running head, an abstract, and a reference page. The body must be 6 pages in length.