Read the article by Yukl, Mahsud, Hassan, & Prussia (2013), as well as Chapter 7 of Gonzalez-Padron (2015). Complete the Checklist: Ethical Leadership Questionnaire, then answer these following questions from the text:
- Which behaviors are the most important for you to trust the ethical leadership of a supervisor, manager, or company executive?
- Are there any descriptors in the list that are difficult to observe? How can a company measure the ethical leadership within the organization?
- How does personal experience with a leader (e.g., work assignments, disciplinary actions) skew your assessment of his or her ethical leadership? Cite an example based on personal experience.
Checklist: Ethical Health Assessment—How Ethical Is Your Organization
Read Chapter 8 in Gonzalez-Padron (2015). Complete the Checklist: Ethical Health Assessment—How Ethical Is Your Organization?, then answer these following questions from the text:
- What additional questions may uncover the ethical culture of an organization?
- Which, if any, of these questions are seeking confirmation of the ethical climate (perceptions) rather than the ethical culture (values, norms, and artifacts)?
- How could management measure the ethical health of an organization other than survey questions?