Research Design Questions
evaluate which type of course-delivery format leads to the best performance in a psychological statistics class
Suppose you are a researcher who wants to evaluate which type of course-delivery format (online, blended, or face-to-face) leads to the best performance in a psychological statistics class. In a paper, identify the following:
- What is your research question? (Please remember to focus your study on the evaluation of the various types of course delivery for statistics courses.)
- What is your hypothesis (both null and alternate)?
- Is this a qualitative or quantitative design (based on type of variable collected) and why?
- What would be an example of a variable for this study of course delivery formats that could be measured on a nominal scale? Ordinal scale? Interval scale? Ratio scale?
- Once you have collected your data on the effectiveness of the various types of course delivery for a statistics course, would you use inferential or descriptive statistics and why?
- Create a sample frequency distribution for one of the variables. Choose either a simple or grouped frequency distribution and explain your choice.