For Module Five, you will be designing a small prevention program that could be implemented at a health fair, at a workplace, or in a school. The goal of this assignment is to articulate the social, biological, and psychological consequences of addictive behaviors to an at-risk population and contextualize issues of addiction in historical and social frameworks.
identify the population and addiction that you will be addressing with your prevention program.
For the presentation in this module, you will identify the population and addiction that you will be addressing with your prevention program.
Possible addictions (this is not an all-inclusive list):
Possible populations (this is not an all-inclusive list):
- Church member
Possible population and prevention programs:
- Seniors who have been diagnosed with macular degeneration who are experiencing increased depression and isolation
- Youths who are not a part of the community and neighborhood functions due to playing video games
- Employees using stimulants in the workplace to meet deadlines due to decreased personnel but increased production demands
The presentation should include 3–4 slides (not counting title slide and references slide) with speaker notes to address the following topics:
- Population that you are using and why this population is at risk for this addiction
- Addiction that you are using and the history of this addiction and its impact on society
- Current impact on the population, family, workplace, and community from this addiction
An effective presentation will include:
- Dynamic formatting of the slides
- Appropriate images, charts, graphs, and so on
- Clean bullets points that do not give too much information per slide
- Use of the speaker notes section to clearly define the bullets of the slide and provide reference to cited material