Part I: Construct Development and Scale Creation
Is intelligence related to happiness?
Choose a construct you would like to measure.
Create an operational definition of your construct using at least three peer-reviewed journal articles as references.
Select and list five items used to sample the domain.
Select the method of scaling appropriate for the domain.
Justify why you selected the scaling method you did.
Format the items into an instrument with which you would query respondents.
Justify whether this is an interview or self-report instrument.
Part II: Analysis and Justification
Write a 1,400- to 1,750-word analysis of how you developed your instrument.
- Describe how you would norm this instrument and which reliability measures you would use.
- Discuss how many people you would give it to.
- Describe the characteristics that your respondents would have.
- Explain to whom the instrument would be generalized.
- Describe how you would establish validity.
- Describe the methods you used for item selection.
- Discuss whether or not cut-off scores would be established.
- Explain how item selection will be evaluated.