Meet with the special education coordinator in the school district with which you are most familiar. Address the following topics during the meeting.
Least Restrictive Environment (LRE)
- What is the special education coordinator’s definition of least restrictive environment (LRE)?
- How is service delivery determined in order to provide LRE in the school district? Explain each type of service delivery.
- How are parents involved in the determination of LRE for their child?
- Has there ever been an incident in which a parent or guardian advocated for an LRE environment for their child? How did the district respond?
- What are the teacher qualifications for each type of service delivery?
Write an essay of 1,250-1,500-words describing the conversation with the special education coordinator and his or her answers to the questions. You may do this in a question/answer format.
In the essay, identify any legal cases and decisions that might have affected these topics in this school district. The essay should summarize and reflect on all the readings, the interview, and the laws.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.