Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper that responds to an essay in the readings or journal article (no more than 5 years old) about inequalities that African Americans face.
Locate and cite a peer-reviewed “journal” article that supports your position
Include whether you feel the author makes a valid claim or if you disagree, and why.
Locate and cite a peer-reviewed “journal” article that supports your position and address the following:
- What inequality does the author discuss? How does it differ from other types?
- Does this inequality affect African American political and economic power? Why or why not?
- Does this inequality affect whether African Americans receive the same treatment by the legal system? Why or why not?
- Do you feel the inequality is experienced equally by African Americans of different classes or specifically by those of higher or lower economic status? Explain why.
- Do you feel African Americans who assimilate to the dominant culture face the same inequalities as those who resist assimilation.
Format your paper consistent with APA standards (cover page, running header, major heading and subheadings within the essay, in text citations and a reference list).