In this assignment, you will form a group with three of your classmates. In the first part of the assignment, you will choose a topic that is based on a current event or trend in the human services field and present the same at the National Organization for Human Services Conference. Your group will create a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation that addresses the current trend or topic in human services. The second part of the assignment will be to write a 3-page paper addressing the specific criteria on how the group interacted while completing the task (the presentation). The primary focus of the presentation is to provide a task for the group to work upon. The 3-page paper is to address how the group worked on the presentation and the dynamics that occurred.
- Create a 5-slide Microsoft PowerPoint presentation that outlines the introduction of the topic; the body will include the impact of the topic, and the conclusion will include how to handle the impact by a human services organization. Submit this presentation to the M3 Assignment 2 Dropbox.
- Create a 3-page paper, with an introduction, a body, and a conclusion, keeping your focus on how the group interacted when creating the presentation, specifically addressing the following points:
- Describe the pros and cons of planning, organizing, and presenting the content in your presentation. This paper is not about personalities but about the process that the group went through in order to finish its presentation.
- Include a page of content, wherein you debrief how the group worked together, including the incorporation of group concepts such as risky shifts, response polarization, groupthink, social facilitation, social inhibition, and social loafing.
- Include details about the additive, disjunctive, and conjunctive tasks that the group performed.
- Support all of your answers with at least 3–4 scholarly sources, cited in APA format.