Population and the Environment
This assignment challenges you to apply the three major theoretical perspectives of sociology to analyze the effects of population changes on the environment. For this Assignment, write a 3 to 5 page essay with the following elements:
- An introduction that describes the forces behind population change.
- A discussion of the effects on the environment when population change results in urbanization.
- An analysis of the effects of effects population change from the structural-functional, social-conflict, and symbolic interaction approaches.
- A summary that reviews the major points of the paper and offers one suggestion for further study on the issues related to population change and the environment.
- Citations from at least two references. You may use the course materials as references for this Assignment.
The essay should be written in a logical, coherent, and organized manner using APA formatting and citation style. Include a title page, 3–5 pages of written text, and a Reference page.
You may use the following reference: Macionis, John J. Sociology, 15th Edition. Pearson Learning Solutions, 10/2013. VitalSource Bookshelf Online.