The Capstone professional proposal is a synthesis of all the competencies and research from the program applied to your particular issue of interest through presenting a proposal of an agency, whose goal is to address your particular issue. In your proposal for a Human Services agency, you will design a solution for your issue of interest and justify the value of the solution through research-based evidence. Your proposal should demonstrate mastery of all the program outcomes.
In a 10- to 15-page professional proposal, complete the following:
- Create a mission, vision, and value statement for the proposed agency (PO 8).
- Create an ethical statement for the organization.
- Briefly explain how this proposed agency will address or attempt to resolve the issue (PO 1, 2, 4, 7, 8).
- Recapitulate the demographics, and describe in detail the services to be provided by the agency to the demographics. Include a description of how these services are the most effective and the most appropriate for both the issue and the demographics using research to support your ideas (PO 3, 5, 6, 7).
- Develop a funding proposal for the agency. In the funding proposal, describe resource needs in relation to resource availability, and the costs, in both human and other resource terms, in relation to the anticipated benefits (PO 8).
- Identify community partnerships that would collaborate with the agency to advance its mission (PO 2, 4, 6, 7).
- Describe and justify the individuals who would serve as the Board of Directors (PO 4, 8).
- Design a staffing plan that demonstrates cultural responsiveness, including job descriptions of key staff members and requisite skills (PO 2, 3, 5, 8).
- Identify the benchmarks or milestones your agency intends to use to assess its affect on the issue (PO 1, 2, 7, 8).
- Identify and describe at least one legal and one regulatory issue that apply to the issue. Evaluate how they will be addressed in this proposal using research to support your idea (PO 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 8).
Your final product should be in a Word document and approximately 10–15 pages in length utilizing a minimum of 10–15 sources from professional literature. Professional literature may include the Argosy University online library, relevant textbooks, peer-reviewed journal articles, and websites created by professional organizations, agencies, or institutions (.edu, .org, or .gov).
Your paper should be written in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrate ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and display accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.