Northern Ireland has a long history of violence between various groups that possess disparate political and religious objectives and argue, primarily, over who should have governmental control of the country. Today, however, this violence has ostensibly come to an end, and Northern Ireland is relatively peaceful. For this discussion, please address the following questions:
- How did the dispute in Northern Ireland originate?
- Who were/are the key groups in this dispute?
- What were two key events in this conflict during the twentieth century?
- How was peace eventually achieved?
- Would you consider the conflict a “revolution” or a series of terrorist actions? Why?
Your initial post should be at least 250 words in length. Support your claims with examples from the required material(s) and/or other scholarly resources, and properly cite any references. Provide a substantive response to at least two of your classmates’ posts by Day 7.