Recovery Support Group
Attend an open Recovery or Support Group meeting in your local community. It can be for any addiction and does not have to be a 12-step meeting.
It must be a support group to help with the recovery from any addictive disorder.
Ensure that the meeting is considered “open” prior to attending it.
Write a two-part paper of 750-1,000 words summarizing the meeting and discussing important concepts presented in the meeting. Include the following in your paper:
Part One: Summarize the Meeting
- Include the address, date, start time, and end time of meeting.
- Describe the format of the meeting that you attended.
- Describe the contents of the meeting.
- List key speakers.
Part Two: Discuss Concepts and methods
- Identify the major concepts/methods utilized in the group. (are their books utilized, prayers utilized, principles or guidelines or any rituals utilized)
- Explain the purpose of each concept/method.
- Describe each of the following: a) Closed meeting; b) Open meeting; c) Steps; d) Sponsor; and e) Home-group.
Include at least three scholarly resources in addition to the textbook in your paper.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
I live in Georgia