Chinese Medicine and Therapeutic Modalities
Now that we have discussed Chinese medicine and the therapeutic modalities encompassed within this system, you should have a better understanding of the system for application.
Write a three- to five-page paper (excluding title and reference pages) in APA format which addresses an ailment or illness that you, a friend, or a family member has had. Your paper must contain the following:
- Pick an ailment that you, a friend, or family member, have suffered from. If you are not able to identify an ailment within those parameters, create a fictitious case.
- Describe how this person was treated (or would have been treated if this is a hypothetical case) by Western medicine.
- Describe how this person could also be treated with Chinese medicine. Use the Ashford University Library to locate a scholarly research study related to how Chinese medicine may help a person with this ailment. If it pertains to this situation, you may use the article from this week’s discussion.
- Do you feel that an integrated approach can be applied to this case? Explain your answer.
- What are the benefits of using both Western medicine and Chinese medicine in the treatment of this individual? Are there any potential disadvantages to using both?
- Analyze the ways in which the eastern and western medical systems intersect and the future of Chinese medicine with regards to integrative health. You may also incorporate Ayurvedic medicine in this assignment.