We will write a custom paper on
Examine the issues of adolescence in the context of an ever-changing world.
Cross-cultural and historical perspective on adolescence and biases regarding youth are explored in order to examine the issues of adolescence in the context of an ever-changing world.
- Discuss the basic components of different theoretical perspectives of adolescent development.
- Identify the typical patterns of adolescent development, including physical development, intellectual and cognitive development and personality development.
- Describe the basic issues involved in adolescent family and peer relationships, particularly as they related to the educational system.
- Review the difference between normalcy and psychopathology in adolescent development.
- Identify issues of concern in adolescence for which prevention and intervention are needed, i.e. crime and delinquency, drugs, adolescent pregnancy, suicide, depression, etc.
- Discuss how issues of gender, social class, race, ethnicity and culture impact adolescent development and behaviors.
- Identify networks/systems of services available for work with adolescents and their families.