the nature of political and social changes affecting the provision of services.
This course provides participants a knowledge base that will assist with the increasing complexity of the administrative demands in early childhood education services. Participants will learn skills that will assist with managing care and education centers for young children. Also, participants will be able to understand the nature of political and social changes affecting the provision of services.
- Define classroom management and its effects on classroom behavior.
- Identify and discuss individual, family, and education risk factors that impede growth and development in young children.
- Discuss classroom elements that help to create healthy environments conducive to learning and growing such as health, nutrition, and safety.
- Discuss way to engage parents, families, and other relevant persons in classroom management. Explain how parents and guardians may be involved in the identification and management of behaviors and responses.
- Develop an outline for a classroom management plan. Incorporate the following in to your response:
o Challenging behaviors
o Risk factors
o Protective factors
- Discuss the impact of family and culture on classroom behavior.