Human Resource Management 5 Short Answer Questions Due in 3 hours
1. (TCOs 1, 8). What does KSAO stand for with respect to training? Give one example for each letter in your explanation for the job of Professor of Human Resource Management.
What does KSAO stand for with respect to training? Give one example for each letter in your explanation for the job of Professor of Human Resource Management.
2. (TCOs 2, 8). Explain the steps of SWOT analysis and its connection to needs assessment. Do a very basic SWOT on Starbucks or Disney (two items per letter) based on common information you have about either company.
3. (TCOs 3, 8). First, provide the meaning of the acronym SMART with respect to training goals. Then, consider these four training objectives. Rewrite them as two SMART training goals.
a) Audit any of the elements inside the organization, looking for compliance to the element that is being audited, and demonstrate how to dig for issues.
b) Through role playing, demonstrate how to conduct a surveillance audit, organize your team of auditors, and review the element of the standard with your team that will be used prior to the audit.
c) Through role playing, demonstrate how to write a concluding report after the audit is finished with input from your team.
d) Realize what the importance of your certificate as an auditor means to the organization and its value to the long-term strategic goals of this organization.
4. (TCOs 4, 5, 6) Explain, using cost, ROI, and strategic principles, why event-style training is falling more out of favor and why electronic-based, or e-training, is becoming more customary. Why do you think that younger generations favor e-training over event-style training?
5. (TCO 7) Explain how the use of training can go hand in hand with performance improvement plans, and give an example. What kind of performance improvement would NOT appropriately go hand in hand with training (provide an example)?