Portfolio Project – Procter and Gamble Company
Complete the following in regard to operations management for that organization. Student will present their findings in an 8-12 page, double-spaced paper, APA.
• History and background of the organization, also including the types of goods sold and industry in which the organization operates.
• The organization’s supply chain characteristics – type of supply chain, negotiations strategies, performance of the supply chain, and areas for improvement.
• Approach to maintaining a competitive advantage, and if applicable the global business operations strategy.
• The organizations’ production processes, customer interaction in those processes, if applicable, and the technologies used in production.
• The organization’s commitment to quality and excellence and how that is measured and reported.
• The organization’s inventory methodologies and model(s), and any areas for improvement.
• The organization’s operational planning policies, job designs, and work environment issues, if any.
• The organization’s movements, if any, toward lean processes, and the effects of those lean processes on culture, efficiency, and success.