Intro psychology questions
Your textbook discusses Stanley Milgram’s famous social psychology experiment, Obedience to Authority..
We will write a custom paper on
Stanley Milgram’s famous social psychology experiment, Obedience to Authority..
Here is a video clip that contains some of the original footage of Milgram’s experiment.
For this assignment, please answer the following …..
- Using your textbook (and Google), describe in some detail the classic experiment done by Milgram. What was the dependent variable? Can you discern what the independent variable(s) was/were?
- What did leading psychiatrists predict about the outcome of Milgram’s experiment?
- What were the actual shocking (no pun intended here) findings of Milgram’s experiment?
- What did Milgram conclude?
- What are the implications of what Milgram found?
- Would you have shocked the victim if you had been a subject in Milgram’s experiment?
- The shock generator began at 50 volts and went all the way up, step by step, to 450 volts. How much voltage would you have given when given orders to administer progressively higher voltages with each “error” made by the “victim”?
- Finally, were the results approximately the same across cultures or were results different in different cultures? Can you relate evolutionary theory to Milgram’s findings?