WRITE THE ESSAY LIKE YOU ARE ORIGINALLY FROM S.A AND KEEP THE WORDS SIMPLE PLEASE
YOU DO NOT NEED TO INCLUDE ARTICLES. JUST ANSWER THE QUESTIONS. NI CITATIONS NEEDED
3 FULL PAGES IS REQUIRED
For this week we want you to think critically about your own ethnic/racial background. In your paper please reflect on the following questions, but write in a cohesive essay form – not as if you are answering questions in a list. 3-4 pages.
- How do you identify yourself racially/ethnically?
- Do you consider such an identification important to your sense of self? How? Why?
- What messages about race did you learn growing up in your home? Who from?
- Describe the racial/ethnic makeup of the neighborhood that you grew up in. Where do you live now and what is the racial/ethnic makeup of your neighborhood/house? How is the racial/ethnic makeup different between your past and now?
- Please also reflect on who your friends were as a child. Did you have opportunities to make friends across racial/ethnic lines?Who are your friends NOW, who comes to your house, shares meals with you? Hangs out with you?Is this the same as when you ere a kid? Has it changed? Why do you think this is?
- How do you think your race/ethnicity (and the experiences you identify here) matters in terms of your future opportunities?